Sunday, February 22, 2009

Marathon of Prayer

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

Can you all believe today was day 26 for Uncle Louie. At the beginning of this journey, I ask if any of you would run a "prayer marathon" with me. So many of you have been participating and I am so thankful! I know that your prayers have been such a blessing to the Buzeks.

As our marathon is coming to a close, I hope that the old adage that once you do something for two weeks it becomes a habit is true because Uncle Louie is going to still need your prayers for the next week, month, year!

The last 26 days have been overwhelming. I have been overwhelmed by all of your generosity and faithfulness. In my heart I know that Uncle Louie has made it this far because of each and everyone of you!! Each day has presented itself with a new challenge and each day you all have risen to the occasion to pray for Louie, Ruthie, the Girls and Greg.

Each of you is an answered prayer! Thank you!

Abby

"Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and week knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed." Hebrews 12:12-13

2 comments:

  1. Abby, thank you and everyone else for keeping the blog up-to-date. I check it several times each day. My husband even goes on-line to check it and he very seldom gets on the computer. Louis, Ruthie, the girls and Greg are continuously in our prayers. I know this road is going to be long and hard. By the faith that has been displayed on this blog, I know that God is there with all of you continually and will be there to uphold you by the prayer that are lifted up on your behalf.

    Again, thank you for providing the updates on Louis. We will continue to pray for him, Ruthie, the girls and Greg. Greg should not be forgotten as time continues to pass.

    D. David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too can not believe that it has been 26 days since we began the prayer marathon. Yesterday as I sat in church, and it was a day of prayer to finish up our prayer month I thought of what a journey it has been. I know that running a real marathon is very tiering, but I think a marathon of prayer has been up lifting. It has been amazing to pray with everyone over the past 26 days, and to continue our support. We are all with Greg and the Buzek Family each day!

    ReplyDelete