Monday, May 11, 2009

#55





















Dad had a good night (sleeping consecutive hours) and was called for surgery early this morning. I'm so glad mom was able to get some sleep last night as well.

Today dad's surgery count has caught up with his age in years. The night of the accident Dr. Duke told us he'd need more surgeries, I clearly had no idea just how many "more" was. Dr. Duke might not have had a clear idea either - and if he did know he'd never divulge that information to us. I know I thought to myself, "Hmm... five maybe ten?" Ten sounded like a lot of surgeries.

Thankfully things have steadily improved and even though it is a long journey, dad's come such a long way since that first meeting with Dr. Duke. God has done an amazing thing!

1 comment:

  1. 55 really is an unbelievable number. What a strong man your dad is to withstand that. I'll keep praying for him to stay headed in the right direction. --K

    ReplyDelete