Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Angels Among Us

From Ruthie:

There is a very special person that occasionally appears at the hospital at the most unforeseen times. I first met her in STICU on a Sunday morning. She was doing a bit of cleaning, but took a moment and kindly questioned me about Louie. She said she would be praying for him and gave me a hug. Since that time many months ago, I have seen her in various places around the hospital. The first morning he sat up in the neurochair in STICU I saw her. She rejoiced with me about "our patient". Another day, in a completely different area of the hospital, I again encountered her. I was very stressed over the fact that Louie was not waking up. she assured me that all would be well and promised to pray. Each time she hugs me as a dear friend. I had not seen her for awhile, and recently ran across her with her cleaning cart. Again we hugged , and she gave me one of her beautiful smiles. Ever positive, she told me of her ongoing prayers for Louie. There is just something about her.....

Here is what I believe----Angels don't always have gold tipped wings and white flowing gowns. They may not have a shining halo or appear iridescent. Sometimes angels are found in very unusual places. They may even show up randomly in the halls of Hermann Hospital. They may wear green "scrubs" and carry a mop. Sometimes angels speak with a Jamaican accent and have very dark braids. Sometimes angels are named Judith.

5 comments:

  1. Takes an angel to recognize an angel....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is such a sweet story. I'm glad to hear that there are angels around ministering to you in unexpected ways during this long, long journey. (((hugs & prayers))) as you continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in the chance encounters of every day that we can truly see God's Hand. I am thankful, there is someone there to give you those hugs when we are so far away. The next time you you run into your angel Judith, please tell her I said thank you for being that positive force proving the power of prayer
    Much Love
    The Kachmars

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful outlook.
    We all have different journeys in life to take.
    Yours and Louies are a difficult one. I am glad for you and Louie and your family you choose
    the happy and positive road.
    Remember the "footprints in the sand" poem.
    Whenever I hear it or read it, I think of my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruthie - how right you are. I experienced the same "gift of an angel" when my husband, Don Ermis, was in the hospital. A sweet angel named Emma came by the waiting room each day to check on us. She offered for me to go to her home to shower, she offered to clean an empty patient's room a second time so I could shower at the hosptial...Don was in ICU. She brought a cross to me and said she was praying for us each day. While Don did not stay on this earth with us, we had more angels around us than ever before during his final week. We were blessed then and continue to count our blessings. We offer prayers for your family and I KNOW each day is a special gift of life. Donna Ermis & family (Brent & Brandon Ermis)

    ReplyDelete