Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thankful


Sunday , for the first time since January, Louie and I attended church together. We don't always have a Catholic Mass here at Hermann, so I usually walk down to the Methodist Hospital for their Mass.

This week however, (when we had just learned to be self sufficient with the wheelchair) Mass was said in Hermann Pavilion on the Ground Floor. We made it to our destination successfully and I didn't loose him on any of the ramps. It was wonderful to be there with him--we have so much for which to be thankful!!
I teased Louie about getting him all cleaned up and shaved so God would recognize him since he had not been to church in so long. Somehow, though, I think God would find him familiar---He has been holding Louie in His hands all along.

Love to all,
Ruthie

3 comments:

  1. And God said, welcome back dear friend. He has been at your side all along, and now Louie got to return the favor
    Much Love
    The Kachmars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this how special!! Also Happy Belated Anniversary and Happy Belated Grandparents Day to a very special couple!! Keep up the hard work and God Bless!!! ;o)
    Brenda Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on vacation for a week and just now catching up with the posts I missed -- this post touched me so deeply. I am so thankful with you that you & Louie were able to attend Mass together. What a special, special morning that had to be. Continued prayers from here in Brazil; so glad to know you guys are in the "home stretch" now! Wonderful!!!!
    -Heather V; former EC resident, moved to Brazil

    ReplyDelete