Thursday, March 11, 2010

ENT turns into IMU

Louie went back to Houston to his ENT follow-up appointment.  The last procedure went well and they've scheduled the trach hole to be closed in another surgery (03/31/2010).  This will require an overnight stay, but sounds fairly simple.

That brings us to the here and now.  Louie has had some bleeding from the abdomen area that started this morning.  After his ENT visit he headed to the Hermann ER where Dr. Duke was paged.  Dr. Duke has put him in IMU to run some tests.  I don't believe this to be too alarming, but he needs to find the source of the bleeding and ultimately make it stop.  I'll try to post an update when I know a little more.  If anyone still reads this, send a short prayer up for him this afternoon. 

7 comments:

  1. I read it everday and keep you guys in my prayers
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet there are a lot of folks still following your family's amazing saga! I've never even met any of you, but I have been touched by the strength and faith of all of you. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, read it every day. Will have Louie and each of you and Dr. Duke in our prayers in a special way until the next post, which will say, I am sure, that all is good.
    Nelda and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to keep you all in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we still read it or check it every day. We keep you in our prayers. We pray for a full recovery. Ricky and Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this blog is part of my daily life. I can't be there personally to wish the Buzek family my support, but each time I open this blog I thank God for the strength he has blessed your family with.
    Deb Murray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes we do still read every day. Thank you so much for continuing to keep us informed. We will continue praying for our friend always. Good luck and God Bless.

    Mike & Miranda Szaloy

    ReplyDelete