Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Married to the Right People

Surgery went well. Maggots are in. Bowel looks good.No heart incidents. Since I was speaking to Dr. Duke alone (and he was in a very chatty mood),I thought this would be a good time to ask some questions. If I said something stupid I would be the only one who would know,(therefore it would have never happened.) I have had some thoughts on whether we would ever go home since he speaks of people who are upstairs and were admitted last year. Maybe they are just back for a tuneup --I don't know. The Conversation went something like this:

Me:(hesitantly): Do you think we will ever go home- I don't mean like soon... ..but eventually???..........

Dr. Duke: Well THAT"S what we're working toward--what do you think I 'm working my tail off for.??? ??? I'm not trying to break up any families--I don't want to MARRY him (Louis)-he's too ugly. If I was going to marry somebody I 'd marry you , but that's not where we're going here.

Me:You don't have TIME to marry anybody and I already have a husband.

Dr. Duke: I 'm married to Mother Hermann

To make a long story short (because we did discuss his former wife children etc.) I think we are both married to the right people but I would tease Louie that he actually gets the best of this deal because he has both mine and Dr. Duke's complete and undying attention.

Ruthie

5 comments:

  1. SO glad surgery went well. Dr. Duke's a character, for sure. Will continue to pray for a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruthie...my heart aches for all you must be going through. I pray daily, sometimes more than once a day, for you, for Louie, for your family....((hugs)) from a former El Campo resident now living in Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ruthie,
    Not a day or hour goes buy that we don't think of all of you and offer many prayers from San Marcos, Sugarland, Beaumont as well as El Campo. This method of keeping everyone connected and informed has really helped and you know you have a huge network of support. I have hesitated to go public with my thoughts but you know we are out here and in our hearts you and Louie and all the girls are very close in thought and prayer. Hang in there. "You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you"! Love the Sappingtons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see you all made great choices in your soul mates! Not to mention he can't marry Uncle Louie because he is already married. Glad to hear things went well! Keep up the great work Dr. Duke, and Buzek family stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruthie, I'm just amazed at your strength.... This is just another example of GOD'S unending love, a love that surpasses all understanding...
    Louie will recover, and recover completely. Through this all everyones faith will have been strengthened and thats a special blessing.
    For thats what this life is all about, loving and helping each other. To be the hands,eyes, ears, voice and heart of Jesus to one another. Jan

    ReplyDelete