Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dr. Duke Says...








He's referring to moving forward and grafting. He's briefly mentioned it before, but now it's clearly weighing on his mind. Who knows when he'll start this process, maybe sometime in the near future (or maybe not) you never really know with him - Of course there is still no timeline.

Dad feels much better today after receiving 3 units of blood yesterday. Surgery went well - nothing new there. Dad went to radiology to get his central line put back in and they will start TPN back up. I know TPN can't make you feel "full", but since it's been gone dad's been reiterating how hungry he is. Dr. Duke wants TPN to be up and working and dad to be pretty strong before he starts the grafting process.

On another note, today is National Nurses Day!
To our nurses, if you're reading this, we thank you all so much! We know dad has had the absolute best care! We love and appreciate all of you... the ones who helped restart his heart, those of you who battled the dialysis machine for him, to the ones who combed his hair and told him how handsome he looked. If you did anything for him (and so many of you who have done everything for him) in the past months we thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following Louie's progress here for for a quite a while. He is an amazing man! God is definitely watching over him! I remember what a wonderful couple Ruthie and Louie were when I taught them Lamaze classes in El Campo (I think it was for Tracy's birth). I still have pictures of the girls when they were very little--kept them in my Lamaze scrapbook. Being a nurse, I know what a tough ride this has been for Louie. He has bucked all the odds and is making wonderful progress! It has to be the Bohemian blood in him. :) I have prayed for you guys from the moment I heard about the accident and I will continue doing so. God works in wonderful, amazing ways! God bless all of you!

    Btw, thank you for acknowledging the nurses who worked with you. We nurses love to hear from our patients. It means more than any other accolades the docs or the hospitals may give us.

    --Susan (Jackson) Ferrill

    ReplyDelete