Monday, June 13, 2011

Touched By An Angel

Yesterday I started the day in the most wonderful way. I looked across the waiting room to see my dear friend, Judith. We hugged and greeted each other joyously. It was again more than a coincidence to see her because Judith was scheduled for housekeeping on the 8th floor. When she came in, her supervisor oddly sent her to Hermann 3--ICU.  If you don't remember Judith , I can only describe her as an angel sent to me at the most unusual times. She would comfort and reassure me when I was afraid and later celebrate with me when I was most hopeful. She confidently told me that Louie would indeed wake up (even though much time had passed with no signs of this). I only saw her a handful of times but she seemed to "know" things. Yesterday she reminded me that God always has a plan laid out for us. Sometimes we must wait paitiently to see that plan (as in our case) but it's always in place. I told her how much her kindnes and faith meant to me in those chance encounters. I called her my angel. She said that we all have someone in time of need that God,in his goodness, sends to us.

This may be difficult for some people to understand. You may not believe the odd circumstances that caused me to see Judith at random times in our previous 9 months at Hermann and again now. It doesn't really matter if you believe her to be an angel, as I do, or not. If we could all be a little more like her the world would be a better place. I'll tell you why I think this to be true. When I look into those beautiful brown eyes I see deep faith, love and acceptance. No matter what you believe, know this---------JESUS shines through Judith.

Blessing to you all, Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. Obviously God has placed her back into your life so that she can support you through this last leg of the race.
    I am so happy that our prayers are being answered and we will continue praying that therapy will go just as well so that you can be back home watching your western channel kicked back in your own easy chair.
    God bless all of you,
    Richard & Claudia

    ReplyDelete