Saturday, January 31, 2009

Answered Prayers

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16


Tonight many prayers were answered!! Ruthie was able to have a good conversation with Louie's doctor.

Dr. Ware (Dr. Duke's nephew) has performed the last two surgeries on Louie. He informed Ruthie that they were able to connect part of his bowel and that it appeared to have good blood flow. They also believe that the area of skin they thought could have infection tested negative to one of the worst kinds of infection (if you want the fancy doctor name, you can email me because I can't spell it!!).

The general impression that he left was that the surgery went well. With all of that good news he reminded us that Louie is very sick. He could code at any minute. His life is really critical and we can never forget that.

Beyond the fact that the report was very good Aunt Ruthie feels so comforted knowing that Louie is being cared for by a very compassionate surgeon. Moreover Dr. Ware told her to read the 91st Psalm.

God has been so gracious in providing Louie with a good Christian doctor. We know that all of your prayers are blanketing Louie and that God's hand is watching over him and for that we are eternally thankful.

We hope that you find the same encouragement that we have in the Psalm that his doctor directed us to:

Psalm 91 (New International Version)

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Tomorrow Louie will go back to surgery. Either Dr. Ware or Dr. Duke will perform the surgery. Please continue to pray that Louie's body stays strong and that God guides the surgeons in their work.

Abby

3 comments:

  1. will keep praying...May you all be covered with Gods peaceful and healing hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby - This is such good news. I am wide awke at this odd hour and starting my prayer time.

    Please know that if you, Brian or any of the Buzek, Goerig family need a retreat from the hospital, Jason and I live just 2-3 minutes from the Medical Center near the VA Hospital. I cannot come and visit or I would be there on Sunday; I just spent two weeks at St. Lukes with my spleen surgery and as such I don't have the immune system to be around a hospital right now. You can call us at home 713 842 2507 or my cell 713 628 2223. We have two bedrooms upstairs, a well stocked kitchen and at cat that loves to be brushed (great for stress relief). You all are welcome here at ANY time. I am home from work until at least the 16th. Also know St. Vincent De Paul is a nearby Catholic Church on Holcumb. This is our home parish and a parish to many TMC visitors.

    Megan Witcher Ryan - meganaryan@comcast.net or megan.ryan@us.pwc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Louis and Family,
    We have been praying for you and will continue to lift you up before the Lord. May you have grace and courage at this time.
    Pat and Irma

    ReplyDelete