Saturday, January 31, 2009

Prayer Marathon

As some of you know, Brian and I just completed our first marathon. It was 26.2 miles. Some miles were exhilarating and some were just plain ugly (mile 22). Uncle Louie is also running a Marathon.

As we are finding out some days are going to be great and some are going to be just plain ugly. I have decided to ask each of you to sign up for a Marathon of Prayer with me.

As a general rule my prayer life is just not what it should be and instances like this remind me that I am required to do better. Sure I pray but not nearly as much as I should.

I am going to try to spend 5 minutes a day (a much shorter time than it took me to run each of my 26 miles) for the next 26 days in prayer.

No need to sign up here on the blog, I just challenge each of you to join me in my Prayer Marathon.

Grab your bible, your rosary , or whatever helps you feel at one with the Lord and lets start our Marathon!!

Abby

3 comments:

  1. Chris and I are in...we can run this with you much better than the real marathon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have chosen to do 5 minutes for Uncle Louie and 5 for Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby and Brian, You can count me in as one of your prayer marathon runners. With God all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete