Friday, January 30, 2009

Pray for a successful surgery

As most of you know Louis is my husband's uncle. I have just pretty much adopted him as my own and frankly I only know how to call him Uncle Louie.

We have known all along that this process would require several trips to the OR. Sometime today he will be operated on. We aren't sure when. Please please pray for Louie to be strong during the surgery. For the surgery to be a success and for the good Lord to watch over all of the medical staff working with Uncle Louie.

I know Aunt Ruthie wants all prayers to be directed towards Louie and Greg but if you have a little extra time you might say some prayers for her and the girls too!

On other news we visited with him last night and I think that he looks great all things considering. He still looks like the Uncle Louie we know and love. He is very responsive and wants to communicate, unfortunately his vent tube gets in his way. He is able to talk to the Ruthie and the girls through a letter board and nodding.

Some of you have mentioned that you would like to donate to a fund for him. We are working on getting that set up. As soon as I have more information I'll tell you about it.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you -- your family and Greg's.

    Jenny asked me to spread the word and I did! It's hit over 200 people, some of which can donate, ALL of which can pray! This is all thanks to awesome friends and family and colleagues I have as well as to the Houston Rodeo.

    God's blessings and strength your way ...

    ReplyDelete