Monday, April 20, 2009

From Surgery 46 to Room 31


MOVING means PROGRESS!
Surgery went well - another wash out, and this evening dad was moved to another new room. Sad that our Hermann Park view was short lived, but thrilled that this move is out of the STICU! Dad now resides in the Intermediate Unit. This is still part of the 3rd floor ICU wing, but it is an upgraded status. IMU rooms aren't as large, many don't have TV's or even walls (much less windows). Some IMU rooms just have curtains as partitions. Just saying this makes me think that we sound a bit spoiled, but remember even the most prized room dad has had still consisted of white concrete walls. Mom's living arrangements will not be improved at all with this "promotion". She will still reside in the same corner of the waiting room that she's inhabited for the past 3 months.
Today they found dad a fabulous IMU room. It has three real walls (concrete of course), only one curtain, a flat screen TV, and a window! I didn't even know that a room like this existed in IMU. Dad will continue his Monday/Wednesday/Friday surgery schedule and because he's able to remain on trach collar through out surgery he will come back to this IMU room.
We thank God for this progress and continue to pray for many many more improvements until one day we'll get to move him back home!
-Tracy

4 comments:

  1. Praise God for this wonderful news! We are so happy for your entire family! With you mentioning the walls, I wanted to leave you with this thought from Psalm 18:28-29,

    "You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall."

    Rejoicing with you,
    James and Jeanne Elder

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! I'm glad to keep hearing positive news. Will keep praying - looks like it's still working! --K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he is improving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ruthie and girls I'm so so happy things are getting much better and thanks for sharing the funny stories. I've been there and done that with my Dad especially this last year and he's sure had some wild stories but it kinda helped cause ya just hafta laugh sometimes to help make it through. I've been following this blog faithfully but my Dad went to be with our precious Lord and Saviour on Sunday so I missed a few days but I thought of ya'll so much and continued to pray. He was in Houston Southwest and in ICU a few days and I just stayed 3 nights in ICU and Ruthie I'd imagine you somewhere in your spot and think wow all those months and I'm plum worn out and just thanked God for the strength he's given you and how blessed Louis is to have such a special family and a wife as faithfull as you. They moved my Dad to The Houston Hospice there on Holcombe Blvd and he was there for 3 days till he passed away and i could see just a tiny part of Herman where ya'll are when i'd go out to the Garden there and I'd pray for ya'll and my Dad and our family. I wished I could of come by but I wasn't gonna leave my Dad's side towards the end and even after it was hard to leave. Tonight reading the funny stuff helped and made me laugh and i'm glad ya'll shared that with us...so I say THANKS!!! Keep hanging in there and always know so many of us may not be there but we are!!! Loveya'll Brenda Williams ;o)

    ReplyDelete