Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yesterday's Musings

Dad's getting used to his new room. Mom is adjusting as well, because her help is much more needed now. Dad no longer has his own nurse, and finding the nurse assigned to dad can be quite difficult at times. (she has more patients to tend to)

Dad had an interesting evening in his IMU room. Between pain medication, coming out of anesthesia, and probably a bit of difficulty telling the difference between dreams and real life, he had lots to say. The cover on dad's trach has helped him talk quite a bit. He's still somewhat hard to understand, but mom has gotten pretty good at interpreting. Sometimes mom corrected him and reminded him he was in the hospital, other times she just went along with his story.


When we find this "wife" we need to figure out where she's been for the past 3 months.


Too funny to not share! By the end of this he was tired (as was mom). That's a lot of adventure for one evening. In summary it's clear he wants out, idealy going home, but even being pulled on some cardboard will do.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't wonderful to now have funny stories to tell, and re-tell to your dad after he is out of the hospital. Who would have thought he could fight so bravely and stay so strong. He must be getting that strength from your mom and sisters. Let him know I would be happy to bring him an old refrigerator box to slide him around on, if I knew it would bring him home that much quicker. Thank you for reminding me of the little blessings each and every day. Still praying non stop
    The Kachmars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a night...I am sure by the end your mom was just laughing. Well I have mailed off the "better than a brick wall pictures." You know when you all were in the old room the only thing you had a view of. My sweet angels (okay only some days!) drew many wonderful pictures. Abby said she would bring them up for you wall! Enjoy the stories and new view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to tell you that I laughed so hard reading the overdose story that I had tears rolling down my cheeks! I can only imagine what y'all were thinking. However, I'm sure the laughs are quite welcome after the long journey you all have been on so far. I check your blog regularly and not a day goes by that I don't pray for Mr. Buzek and your entire family. Looking forward to the day I can read that Mr. Buzek is coming HOME!!

    With Love,
    Karla Johnson

    ReplyDelete