Sunday, April 26, 2009

MOVING DAY

Yesterday we made the move. Not to IMU, but to the FLOOR! The regular rooms - out of ICU completely - Talk about completely surprising! Mom and Dad's new home is now Jones Pavilion Room 653. Last night mom was able to sleep somewhere other than the hospital waiting room for the first time in 3 months. Dad had his trach valve on all evening so he was able to talk to us. We had normal conversations - no stabbings, overdosing, or other random wives were mentioned.

He asked many times for us to trim his fingernails - they were obviously really bugging him, and he asked to see his grand kids - he claimed he hadn't seen them in years. We fixed up his fingernails a bit, and it so happened that Tate had come with me, so Pawpaw got to see him. Dad flashed a big smile when we brought Tate in the room.

Here are a couple of moving day pictures. Of course the hospital staff moved dad and everything he would need. We, however, had to move mom out of "her corner" and she has accumulated a few things there. Tate's stroller came in handy and saved us from making numerous trips to their new "home".


8 comments:

  1. What wonderful news! Congratulations on your move and the huge improvements. I'm so happy that Tate got to visit and that normal conversations were taking place.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason and I are so pleased that Louie is in a regular room! That's wonderful news and we know more progress will be made in the coming weeks!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I am so happy another new room. I hope you all got the "great" pics. (okay well from a 6 year olds eyes they are great). Enjoy the new place, and thankfully Ruthie can get some good sleep now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God! Thank You, Jesus!

    "I will be glad and rejoice in Your love,
    for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place." Psalm 31:7-8

    Amen, Amen!

    For His glory,
    James & Jeanne Elder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!!! Hooray!!! Hooray!!! What a fantastic praise report!!!!
    Travis and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gr8 news...i'm havin a ruff time missing my Dad already even though I know he's out of his pain and suffering and when I saw this tonight and the pics it made my heart really happy...keeping the prayers going your way...one day at a time...Y.S.I.C. Loveya Brenda Williams ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome news. Another step closer to home.
    Praise be to God!
    Richard & Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great report. God is so good. Will keep you in my prayers.

    Rita Gold and family

    ReplyDelete