Monday, February 9, 2009

Short Surgery Report From Yesterday

We waited quite some time yesterday to hear how surgery went. No one ever came out to talk to us (maybe because these wash outs have become so routine), but luckily I ran into Dr. Duke outside dad's room and was able to get a quick report. He said that the chest tube will still be done - most likely today. In his words:

"I don't do my chest tubes like the rest of these monkeys."

He bypassed explaining his method, probably because he knew I wouldn't understand. In short, some instrument he needed wasn't sterile so he postponed the tube. Duke said he would take him back to surgery today and probably do the tube then. I asked about his bowel and he said it looked better than he expected.Of course he still emphasizes how sick dad is, but "better than expected" is not bad news, so that sits well with me.

I also asked about his kidneys and liver it appears that they are still the same. Dr. Duke also said that they did remove more dead tissue yesterday. He emphasized that we must PRAY that he is able to beat these infections.

Tracy

3 comments:

  1. I'll keep praying he beats it. Glad to hear some positive news, though. Thanks for the updates. --Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to pray. I am happy to hear the blood drives were such a success. I know he is in the best of hands with Dr. Duke. Your Dad and family is in our thoughts and prayers.

    Jenna Hooker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts are with him. He is doing so well, I know he can fight it off. Stay strong Uncle Louie.

    ReplyDelete