Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine

I looked up "Valentines Day" on the computer to get a bit of background on this holiday. I read all of the usual things but was touched by a statement in one article. It began --

Real Love has nothing to do with dress size, quantity of hair on one's head, or the value of one's 401K. Love desires us to be our best selves and to be happy.

My favorite Valentine is back in Shock Trauma ICU doing his best to recover. While I have received many flowers and gifts from him on this holiday in past years, my preference by far is today's strong beating heart. Even with various catheters and tubes, he has never looked more handsome. There is no doubt in my mind that we share real love.

On this day however, I also feel real love from each and every one of you. I am amazed by the outpouring of kindness and support from family, friends, and even strangers. On this Valentines
Day in 2009 you are all my Valentines.


Thank you so much---Ruthie

4 comments:

  1. Blessed are You, loving Father,
    For all your gifts to us.
    Blessed are You for giving us family and friends
    To be with us in times of joy and sorrow,
    To help us in days of need,
    And to rejoice with us in moments of celebration..

    Father,
    We praise You for Your Son Jesus,
    Who knew the happiness of family and friends,
    And in the love of Your Holy Spirit.
    Blessed are you for ever and ever.

    Amen.

    Ruthie,
    We continue to keep you and Louis in our prayers. Keep up the good work!!
    Mary K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruthie, Louie and family,
    I have included Louie on the prayer chain at the parish where I work in Wisconsin. May you experience God's peace and strength.
    Sr. Claudia (Cal) Leopold, OSF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie,

    Louise has the greatest valentine of all.......Y O U.

    Love ya,
    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruthie and family, just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you all since day 1. You are constantly in my thoughts. I look at the blog all the time. Keep strong!

    Your Sister in Christ,
    Stacy Amestoy

    ReplyDelete