Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things I am Grateful For

1. I am grateful for the most skilled of surgeons who uphold my faith ("I am the hands, God is the healer” Dr. Duke), and even at times make me laugh.

2. I am grateful for family and friends who have attended to our every need, the most precious gift being storming the heavens with prayers.

3. I am grateful to my amazing daughters who each support me lovingly but in different ways. Each one brings their own personal strengths to the situation. I am truly blessed.

4. I am grateful for a wonderful husband- a fighter who in a friend's words is "tough as nails". I love him dearly.

5. I am grateful for Greg and Cindy who teach us that true friendship defies all circumstances.

6. I am grateful for ANOTHER DAY.

Love you all,
Ruthie

5 comments:

  1. Ruthie, we are all grateful for you for the loving living example of faith and courage that you are living. We are so proud to call you our friends. You and Louis are living proof of God's love and wonder. dm

    ReplyDelete
  2. During this time in your life it is a blessing that you can take a step back and see all that you are thankful for. Many dwell in their own sorrows and can't see what is right in front of them. Hang in there with your head held high. The Lord never gives you more than you can handle and it He (thru friends, family and faith) who gives you strength. Thank you all for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie, we are here for you and remember God is especially here. If there is anything you need just ask. We love you and your family. Thanks for the updates. We may not be there with you in body but we are riding through this storm with you in spirit.

    Rita Gold

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so beautiful, and I will pray for your family every day. I've known you all since I was a little girl, and I pray that God will see you all through this. Love you all so much--Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruthie, Louie, Cindy, Greg and all those beautiful gals of ya'lls:

    Thinking and praying for you everyday - more than you know. You both have the most wonderful families. You all are true models for how families and friends should be.

    I have had my own dealings the past 3 years with family and very close friends in critical shape in hospitals; with day to day worries. And yet, I still know there is no way to fully understand what all you are going thru. Never ever give up hope, no matter what you are told by the medical staff. Amazing things can happen.


    Love you all - Ruthie you know you can call me anytime of the night if you need someone to talk to.

    Love ya'll
    "Bel"
    belinda schoeneberg
    bel_n_country@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete